Coronado, CA (November 14, 2022) – On Sunday afternoon, November 13, an accident involving several vehicles and a big rig was reported on Coronado Bridge, resulting in serious injury.
The Coronado police reported that in the afternoon around 2:30 p.m. an accident on the eastbound Coronado Bridge. The accident happened when a semi-truck entered the same space as another vehicle causing a collision. One additional vehicle was hit by the truck. The truck driver lost control of the tractor-trailer after the initial impact. The truck ultimately overturned and landed on its side, blocking traffic.
Multiple emergency personnel agencies were called to the scene. Coronado police found a truck lying on its side, with two other sedans also disabled. Rescue crews helped people from their vehicles and paramedics tended to those injured in the crash. One person was transported to the hospital with undisclosed injuries. It has not been reported at this time how many people were injured in the accident.
There were significant delays in the area. Major damage to the vehicle and truck resulted in significant wreckage on the roadway. Two trucks were also requested to respond to the accident to clear the vehicles. The accident required all eastbound traffic on the bridge to close for a few hours so crews could clean up the crash and tend to the victims.
Police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the crash and its causes.
Our thoughts are with all those who have been injured in this accident. We hope for their full recovery.
Truck Accidents in California
Being hit by a truck can be extremely traumatic. You may be in shock and not know what to do. After a truck accident, there are a few ways you can best handle the situation. Here is a list of the most important things to do in the initial moments after a truck accident and in the first few days, if you are physically capable:
- Seek Safety – Even after the crash is over, nearby passing traffic can pose a threat.
- Call the police – The accident must be reported to the police. They will also investigate the accident to determine the cause.
- Obtain the following information:
- Truck driver’s name and address
- Trucking company’s name and address
- Find out who owns the truck (truck driver or trucking company)
- Truck driver’s license number
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Insurance company’s name, address, and policy number
- Document everything you remember – Record how the accident occurred while it is fresh in your mind.
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses – This information can be given to the police when they arrive.
- Seek immediate medical attention – Some injuries are not noticeable right away. It is important to be checked by a medical professional to determine if you need further care
- Report the accident to your own insurance company
- Contact a truck accident attorney
If you were in a truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence you should speak to an experienced truck accident lawyer right away. Contact a Coronado tractor-trailer accident attorney by calling (949) 536-9467 to see how we can help you.
Note: This accident news post was created with the use of outside sources. These sources include local news reports, state and local police reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about serious truck accidents that occur in Southern California. For that reason, we have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident. If you find any information that is incorrect, please contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates, PC so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available.
Disclaimer: The photos used in this post were not taken at the actual accident. None of the information in this post is intended to be medical or legal advice. This post is not a solicitation for business.